SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST
- Bachelor of Arts Double Degree in Psychology and Communication Sciences & Disorders at Augustana College in Illinois, USA.
- Master of Science Degree in Speech Pathology at Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Australia.
- Psychology Clinical Experience (2009/2010): Attended Trinity Medical Hospital in Rock Island, IL and completed 40 hours of observations.
- Communication Sciences & Disorders Clinical Experience (2010/2011):Hands on exposure and therapy in a clinical setting with patients with swallowing disorders, Down syndrome, fluency, language/speech delay, and apraxia of speech.
- Acorns to Oaks Centre (ATOC), a special needs school (June-August 2012) as assistant Speech Therapist.
- Internship at Bangkok General Hospital in the Speech Therapy & Rehabilitation department during the summer (June – August 2009).
- Freelance therapy with a variety of children with speech and language disorders (September 2011 to February 2012).
- Volunteered at a “Speech Camp” (January 2011) in a rural area in the south of Thailand as part of The Operation Smile team project and worked with children with cleft palates.
- Clinical placements during my Masters degree (2011/2013)
Professional Skills and Achievements
- Proficient in 4 languages fluently; English, Thai, Hindi and Punjabi (my mother tongue).
- American Sign Language
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Experience working with all ages
- Experience with cultural diversity
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Piano/Harmonium skills
- EARCOS- certificate of attendance for the psychology workshop on ‘Translating Brain Research into Classroom Practice and Multiple Intelligence Theory” on 1stDecember 06 in Bangkok.
- Active member of Speech Pathology Australia Accreditation Center
Monday to Friday: 09.30 – 18.00 hours